Thursday, July 30, 2009

176/365

While out for a walk today I saw this beautiful clump of thistle in the field. While I was watching the butterflies and bees hovering over the rest of the wild flowers an American Goldfinch decided to stop for lunch. Goldfinches are beautiful little yellow birds with black markings, the colors were striking in the greens and purple of the thistle. If you click on the pictures you can see them larger. Unfortunately I was only carrying my kit lens so this was as close as I could get with two kids in a stroller.


© Michelle Hines

2 comments:

  1. I really don't which one you are better at...taking the pictures or writing the captions. You are a natural at both and will likely make some editors job very easy in the future. I love the pics but enjoy the reading even more because I hear your voice in every word. I am a lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete