Saturday, August 1, 2009

178/365

Last night Ian, Christy, Kate and I went to the 102 annual Big Glen Burnie Carnival. I have been going to THE carnival at the end of July and beginning of August every year since I was eight years old with a very few exceptions. When I was younger I went with my grandparents, who were active in Civitan and work at the pizza booth. We would arrive before the carnival officially opened for the night and stay until the rides shut down. Those nights are included in my fondest memories of childhood. The first time I missed the annual event was twenty one years ago. While preparing to go walk around the carnival I went into labor. Kate has always associated the carnival with her birthday. Last night we went and bought our raffle tickets for the car they give away every year, ate pizza, fries with vinegar, funnel cakes, candied apples and lemonade. We played bingo, something I use to do with my grandmother and my mother and some of the carnival games. We came home with two goldfish. Ian and Kate both won one. Kate has named them Squishy and OISH ( Oliver's initials). I had a great time! I am hoping to go one more time this week with my baby sister and her three girls. They live in North Carolina and have not been.








© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment