Sunday, October 11, 2009

228/365


A few more photos from yesterday's marathon.

The sun rise, taken from the train on our way into the city.


My sister, Mindy ran the half marathon yesterday.


So many people, 10,000 I believe I heard them announce, ran the half marathon yesterday that it had to be started in waves. In this photo you can see waves two through five waiting for their race to start. My sister is way back there in wave four.


The marathon planners made a big deal about being more eco-friendly this year. The pace cars were Prius, the booklet was not mailed out this year but was email to save paper, recycling was available at the festival etc. Then at the start of each event confetti was throw from confetti canons. So much for the saving paper.


(click to see larger)
Some of the interesting runners I saw during the race. The beer guys were two short in their six pack, maybe they got thirsty. The gentleman in the powder blue tux ran the event the last three years in his tuxedo. I love the crab hat but where do you think you find KISS spandex? And of course there had to be a Raven in the crowd.
© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment