Saturday, July 17, 2010

361/365

We found out about a year ago that Max is allergic to almost everything. His dog food is make from herring, sweet potato and oats and that seems to be working well for him. If we add other ingredients to his diet he gets itchy and his ears and face swell. Finding treats is difficult. At first I spent a fortune buying dehydrated sweet potato treats, then I started dehydrating them myself. After dropping a piece of raw sweet potato on the floor we realized that he liked it and so did Sophie. So now that the outside temperatures are in the nineties (dehydrating requires running the oven at two hundred fifty degrees for six hours) we have been just giving them raw sweet potato. Last week I was out of sweet potato and Max really really wanted something. I looked in the veggie drawer and found carrots. It couldn't hurt them so we tried. Max loves them....




Sophie isn't quite sure.



Kate and Matt decided last week that they would adopt....




(photo by Kate, edited by me)

meet Luna Lovegood.



© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment