Wednesday, November 25, 2009

247/365



My Christmas present arrived today! Yes, I know it is Thanksgiving, but I get to have my gift early so I can practice using it before Christmas morning. I got an external flash for my camera!!! The Nikon SB 600 Speedlight. I have not looked at the manual or even read up on how to use this type of flash. I took it out of the box and put it on the camera and took these shots in my kitchen under CFL lighting at night. I bounced the flash off of the ceiling and had the diffuser (another Christmas gift) on the flash. I am thrilled with the results. Normally my pictures taken at night in my home have a yellow glow... not these. I have a lot of reading and practicing to do but I already love my new toy!! Poor Patrick, Sophie and Max had to endure my immediate excitement and constant flashing.

© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment