Thursday, December 10, 2009

260/365



I mentioned in an earlier post that our first Christmas tree had only three ornaments. This was one of them, two doves and a heart made of blown glass. The first ornament we purchased is now traditionally the first ornament to be place, by both of us, on the tree.




Not all of our ornaments were purchased by us. Some were gifts, some were handmade and others were inherited from our families. This belonged to my parent's. It was one of my Mom's favorites. If it is placed in the right spot on the tree the heat from the lights will make the pinwheel inside spin. It was once red and has now faded to pink and the clear plastic has yellowed but I smile every time I see it. We also have tinsel balls that belonged to my grandparents. The kids all love these because you literally throw them at the tree and they stick. There is a lopsided large red ornament on our tree too. It belonged to Patrick's parents and was on their first Christmas tree. Every branch of our Christmas tree holds a treasured memory.

© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment