Wednesday, June 10, 2009

125/365

Chloe's first birthday is next month. Her mom wants to have invitations made with a photo of Chloe on the front. I thought it might be a good time to try my first "photo shoot" I grabbed a tu-tu out of Lilly's dress ups, Chloe's birthday crown and we headed to the park. I used my 50mm on aperature priority. In some shots my focus fell in the wrong spot. I definately need more practice.





After taking pictures and playing there for quite a while we headed to nap. While the girls were alseep I moved all of the patio furniture to one side of the deck and hung the black photo backdrop I freecycled from the JCPenny photo studio over the rail. I don't have lightening yet so I was hoping the overcast afternoon would work well. The lighting was OK but Chloe... well she was no longer in the mood to play. Most of the afternoon pictures look like this one.




I think the next one might make a nice invite photo.




And she is D-O-N-E... done!




Getting her photographs was more difficult than I thought. She doesn't like to look at you and she is a blinker. It seemed like her eyes were closed in every other shot. And while your trying to get Chloe to smile or even just look directly at you Lilly still needs to be cared for. I had a blast thought. I want to try again to see if I can get better shots with the backdrop and more with her shirt on since I am undecided as to whether I like it best off or on.
© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment