Monday, June 15, 2009

127/365

The Annapolis Quilt Guild held its show this past weekend.I spent about 4 hours looking at the beautiful quilts and drooling over all the fabrics the vendors had to sell. I only took photos of the quilts I was drawn too and when I sat back and looked the were all very simple patterns, almost all on white backgrounds with many colors. Here are a few of those photographs. Room to frame the shot was lacking and they were shown in a high school cafeteria under fluorescent lighting but I was mainly clicking to have a the pictures to put in my idea file. I only bought one thing while I was there... I bought the pattern for Oliver's baby quilt. I am not sharing until after Ian and Christy have seen the finished quilt














I tried and tried to get the coloring to come out correctly on this one but without decent lighting it wasn't going to happen. They were such beautiful warm colors. I kept coming back to look at this one over and over again. It wasn't even in the show. It was a wall sized quilt hanging in a vendors display.
© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment