Sunday, February 14, 2010

300/365

Since my hospitalization in 2008 I have been crocheting little tiny hats for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). I love doing it. it is a way of giving back to the hospital for the great care I received. Matt asked me if I could make an adult sized hat for him to wear on his upcoming ski trip. I told him I would try. He picked out yarn from my yarn basket but most of it is baby weight. Matt is over six feet tall. He definitely needed a heavier yarn. Yesterday I bought two skeins of chunky wool yarn. Last night I gave it a try. Matt wasn't here but Patrick kindly lent me his head so that I could get the sizing correct. Two and a half hours later I had made both Matt and Kate a hat. The pattern is my own and I am pretty pleased with the results. I think Matt and Kate are too.




© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment