Thursday, February 26, 2009

51/365




I couldn't believe my eyes when we saw daffodils not just sprouting but budding during our walk today. There is hope that spring is coming.





I finally got my new toy! You would think it would be easy to find a 50mm 1.8 lens. Just walk into a camera shop and buy one right. Nope! I tried 4 different Ritz Camera shops to no avail. I now know why... they have declared bankruptcy. No new stock for Ritz. I then tried our local independently owned shop. They would have had to order it. I then pulled out the list of camera shops my instructor handed out. Bingo, the closest Penn Camera didn't have one in stock but one of their other stores an hour away does. That was on Saturday. They said they would do a store transfer and have it to me on Tuesday. It didn't actually arrive at their store until today. So after work I drove the 30 minutes there and picked up the lens and not a moment too soon because.....




My 18-135mm lens is broken. When I took the camera out of the case today the metering system wasn't working properly. It is because the lens is actually coming apart near the focus ring. I called Nikon and got someone on the phone right away and tomorrow I am sending it in to be repaired. It is still under warranty.

© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment