Wednesday, March 4, 2009

57/365

Twelve years ago today I lost my mom. I usually choose to focus on the time we had not the time we lost. This year I am having trouble doing that. I have been sad and missing my mom today. Maybe its because I had such a medically fragile summer. Maybe it is because in September I am going to be a grandmother and today I kept thinking that my mom didn't get a chance to know most of her grandchildren and she will never know mine. I am not sure why I am having a hard day I just know I am. So tonight I thought I would post some pictures of my mom, I took only one of them and it was a long time ago.





My mom and I on my wedding day, September 1985.





Top -My mom and Ian on his first birthday, February 1987.
Bottom- My mom and Dad with Katelyn on her Christening Day, Fall 1988.




My mom in 1996. I think this may be one of the last photos taken of my mom.

© Michelle Hines

No comments:

Post a Comment